Monday 12 June 2017

I'm back!

Hello folks! (:

Been a long time without writing a post. The weeks simply got that hectic and busy with starting at the new job, having classes at school on evenings and having to finish all the compulsory course tasks in addition to desperately trying to prepare for the final exams as well that I dropped everything I didn't "have to do". Now the school is over for summertime and I have just work and my life so there will be posts more often again!

Last week the life almost felt like a vacation :D I had total three days off work and neither tons of assignments waiting for me nor any actual commitments. I did some cooking and the ordinary household chores, went to gym and went to see my grandmother (she's recovering from a stroke.) On Saturday evening I got a chance to participate in a Kangoo Jumping class and it was awesome, even I nearly had an asthma attack. 😄 If you have a change to try it I recommend you to take a try! It's very efficient exercising, fun and it wont hurt your joints. Also went out with my sis on Saturday evening and met some friends. On Sunday some time with my love and family.

Now a new work week has started and this week I have just one day off work, but now I do have time and most importantly some enthusiasm again to write blog posts when I've actually gotten to relax a bit.

Recently I created for lunch a tasty and quick grain free and dairy free tuna salad, packed with good amount of nutrients.
For one serving you'll need:

  • canned tuna chunks in olive oil (about half a cup to one cup)
  • one tomato
  • handful of frozen peas
  • handful of cooked kidney beans (self cooked, or conserved)
  • small piece of zucchini
  • small piece of scallion
  • 3-leaves of romaine salad
  • handful of watercress
Just adapt the amount of ingredients to the amount of servings you want to make (: 
Chop the salad and the watercress + zucchini and the scallion into a strainer. Rinse and let them trickle in the strainer for a while. Pour the salad onto plate and slice the tomato to the serving. Add the tuna and the kidney beans and melt the peas in the strainer under warm water for a while and cool off the peas with cold water. Pour the peas into the salad, mix it a bit and it's ready!
You can also add some herbs or spices to this, if you want to! (For instance fresh basil would taste great in this salad) Also avocado would taste good in this salad if you want to add some!

Today it's been a very grey cold and rainy day. My mind wondered back to memories of beautiful warm summer evenings and magical summer sunsets. I had an inspiration to create a fruity and fresh smoothie tasting like a perfect summer day :)

smoothie, fruit smoothie
Summerday smoothie
For this one you'll need:
  • 2-bananas
  • one pear
  • half of a red grapefruit, squeezed
  • 3/4 cup of pineapple chunks
  • handful of fresh mint leaves
  • a small piece of fresh ginger
  • cup of mango cubes
  • 3/4 cup of strawberries
  • + protein powder & ice cubes
These amounts of ingredients will make about 1-liter of ready smoothie! Put everything into a powerful blender and blend! (:

Now it's my time to prepare the lunch box for work tomorrow and soon head to bed. Early morning at work ahead.

~Have a nice week!~
♡ -Tiina-♡


No comments:

Post a Comment